Solicitation of Nominations for 2018 Awards
Deadline for Receipt in the Division Office: November 1, 2017
The rules given below apply to nominations for the following awards administered by the Division:
Specific information on each of these Awards follows the general information on eligibility, deadlines, and nominating procedures.
Nominations shall consist of:
- A letter of nomination.
- Two seconding letters.
- A biographical statement emphasizing the accomplishments of the nominee which pertain to the award.
- The nominating documents shall be submitted in one package and shall not exceed 8 pages of text, including the nominating and seconding letters, biographical statement, and attachments to the nomination. If the total pages for a nomination exceeds 8, then only the first 8 pages will be submitted to the jury for the award.
- Nominating and seconding letters may be submitted by persons who are not members of the Division.
For the 2018 Awards, nominations shall be sent no later than November 1, 2017 to:
Address: ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry
2019 Galisteo St., Bldg I-1
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Phone: ; Fax: 505-989-1073
Contact: Miquela Sena505-820-0443
- Eligibility is not restricted to members of the Division of Analytical Chemistry. Nominees for the J. Calvin Giddings Award for Excellence in Education must, however, must have demonstrated excellence in teaching through at least five years at the time the award is presented.
- Contributions by a candidate that have been recognized by a prior Divisional or ACS national award generally will not be considered by the jury for a Divisional award, especially if an award has been received within the past three years and within a similar area (however, this does not apply to the Award for Distinguished Service). Previous award winners for the divisional awards are listed for each of the awards. The jury shall receive from its chairperson a list for each nominee of any such prior awards, their dates, and their citations.
- Any candidate previously nominated for an award who was not chosen as the awardee will be considered for up to three additional years without further action by the nominator being required.
DEADLINES All nominations must be received by November 1 of each year. They must be sent to the Division of Analytical Chemistry Office. The immediate past chairperson of the Division shall in turn transmit the nominations to the chairpersons of the appropriate juries. Nominations that are unsuccessful will be retained for jury consideration for the following three years, but may be updated if the nominator wishes. These rules are extracted and paraphrased from the complete guidelines, which are available from the Division Chair. However, they are sufficient to prepare a proper nomination for consideration by the appropriate award jury.